Drake Exits Grammy Nominations Concert at Last Minute
The "Hold On, We're Going Home" singer canceled his slotted performance just hours before the live CBS broadcast.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
When "Grammy Nominations Concert Live!!" airs tonight, Drake will not be among the performers. TMZ reports that the rapper-singer pulled out because of a last-minute "scheduling conflict."
A rep from Drake's team said: "Unfortunately, due to scheduling complications, Drake will no longer be performing ... (he's) currently in the middle of his nationwide Would You Like A Tour? and sincerely apologizes to his fans that he can’t be there."
No further explanation was given. Drake's official website lists no event for tonight, though he does have a show booked for tomorrow, Dec. 7. at Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.
"Grammy Nominations Concert Live!!" airs tonight at 10 PM (ET) on CBS. Viewers can still expect performances from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, and pre-taped performances from Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. There are also a couple of special collaborations in store for the LL Cool J-hosted event: T.I. and members of Earth, Wind & Fire will perform "Blurred Lines" with Robin Thicke, and Keith Urban will sing Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" with Miguel.
Keep an eye on Billboard.com tonight for a recap and reactions from the show.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch