Dropkick Murphys Singer Beats a Skinhead Giving Nazi Salute Off Stage at NYC Concert (Video)
Ken Casey, the bassist and singer for the punk band, took care of an unwanted stage occupant during a show at Terminal 5 in New York.
You can mosh, rush the stage, shout and stomp at a Dropkick Murphys concert, but the Boston rockers draw the line at flashing a Nazi salute.
Near the end of its March 13 show at Terminal 5 in Midtown Manhattan, the veteran Celtic punk band invited fans onstage -- as per tradition -- to participate in an encore rendition of "Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced." Fans continued to pour onto the stage as the group transitioned to another classic, the anti-white supremecist ditty "Skinhead on the MBTA," then a cover of AC/DC's "TNT."
That's when things got a little ugly.
According to several blogs -- and caught on video from the scene -- a large man with a shaved head began to flash the Nazi salute, with a bent arm shooting straight out from the chest. Founding bassist-singer Ken Casey moved toward the guy, shoved him aside and began a pile-on that ended half a minute later with a torn shirt and one less skinhead onstage.
He took back the microphone and screamed, "Nazis are not f---ing welcome at a Dropkick Murphys show!" and the crowd went wild.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties