Eddie Vedder Jams With Tom Petty in Amsterdam (Video)
Fans of the Heartbreakers caught a surprise appearance from the Pearl Jam frontman when the two acts' respective tours crossed paths in the Netherlands capital.
Ever-cover-loving Eddie Vedder sang two numbers with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on June 24 at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall, as Jack White, slated to play the Heineken the same week, watched from the audience.
Vedder took the lead vocal on "The Waiting" and alternated verses with Petty on the finale, "American Girl." Even though Petty's shiny raspberry-colored shirt rather clashed with Vedder's dun-colored plaid shirt, their voices blended nicely.
You can also see Vedder sing "The Waiting" on Peter Bogdanovich's 2007 Petty doc Runnin' Down a Dream, but neither that performance nor the Amsterdam one can top Vedder's solo renditions of Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on tour.
Let's hope he sings it at the Pearl Jam show June 26-27 at Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome. And if Dave Grohl ever gets sick of Foo Fighters and decides to drum once again for Petty's band (as he did on SNL in 1994), here's hoping they form a new Petty/Vedder/Grohl supergroup, Traveling Wilburys: The Next Generation.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years