Eddie Vedder Jams With Tom Petty in Amsterdam (Video)
Fans of the Heartbreakers caught a surprise appearance from the Pearl Jam frontman when the two acts' respective tours crossed paths in the Netherlands capital.
Ever-cover-loving Eddie Vedder sang two numbers with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on June 24 at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall, as Jack White, slated to play the Heineken the same week, watched from the audience.
Vedder took the lead vocal on "The Waiting" and alternated verses with Petty on the finale, "American Girl." Even though Petty's shiny raspberry-colored shirt rather clashed with Vedder's dun-colored plaid shirt, their voices blended nicely.
You can also see Vedder sing "The Waiting" on Peter Bogdanovich's 2007 Petty doc Runnin' Down a Dream, but neither that performance nor the Amsterdam one can top Vedder's solo renditions of Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on tour.
Let's hope he sings it at the Pearl Jam show June 26-27 at Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome. And if Dave Grohl ever gets sick of Foo Fighters and decides to drum once again for Petty's band (as he did on SNL in 1994), here's hoping they form a new Petty/Vedder/Grohl supergroup, Traveling Wilburys: The Next Generation.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Oscar Isaac to Play Titular Villain in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Trailer Will Debut This Week -- But Only in Select Theaters (PHOTO)
- 'Jurassic World' Teaser Trailer Welcomes Us to the Park (VIDEO)
- What's New on TV, Netflix Streaming, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: November 24 - 30
- Jennifer Lawrence Shows She Really Loves the 'Real Housewives,' Visits Lisa Vanderpump's Restaurant!
- Lady Gaga Is Live Streaming Her Final 'ARTPOP Ball' Concert!
- Bebe Rexha: 'I Can't Stop Drinking About You' Acoustic Version (Exclusive Premiere)
- Eminem Drops Video for 'Guts Over Fear' ft. Sia - Watch Now!