Eddie Vedder Jams With Tom Petty in Amsterdam (Video)
Fans of the Heartbreakers caught a surprise appearance from the Pearl Jam frontman when the two acts' respective tours crossed paths in the Netherlands capital.
Ever-cover-loving Eddie Vedder sang two numbers with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on June 24 at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall, as Jack White, slated to play the Heineken the same week, watched from the audience.
Vedder took the lead vocal on "The Waiting" and alternated verses with Petty on the finale, "American Girl." Even though Petty's shiny raspberry-colored shirt rather clashed with Vedder's dun-colored plaid shirt, their voices blended nicely.
You can also see Vedder sing "The Waiting" on Peter Bogdanovich's 2007 Petty doc Runnin' Down a Dream, but neither that performance nor the Amsterdam one can top Vedder's solo renditions of Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on tour.
Let's hope he sings it at the Pearl Jam show June 26-27 at Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome. And if Dave Grohl ever gets sick of Foo Fighters and decides to drum once again for Petty's band (as he did on SNL in 1994), here's hoping they form a new Petty/Vedder/Grohl supergroup, Traveling Wilburys: The Next Generation.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- 16 'New Girl' Facts That'll Make You Love It Even More
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'