Eddie Vedder Jams With Tom Petty in Amsterdam (Video)
Fans of the Heartbreakers caught a surprise appearance from the Pearl Jam frontman when the two acts' respective tours crossed paths in the Netherlands capital.
Ever-cover-loving Eddie Vedder sang two numbers with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on June 24 at Amsterdam's Heineken Music Hall, as Jack White, slated to play the Heineken the same week, watched from the audience.
Vedder took the lead vocal on "The Waiting" and alternated verses with Petty on the finale, "American Girl." Even though Petty's shiny raspberry-colored shirt rather clashed with Vedder's dun-colored plaid shirt, their voices blended nicely.
You can also see Vedder sing "The Waiting" on Peter Bogdanovich's 2007 Petty doc Runnin' Down a Dream, but neither that performance nor the Amsterdam one can top Vedder's solo renditions of Petty's "I Won't Back Down" on tour.
Let's hope he sings it at the Pearl Jam show June 26-27 at Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome. And if Dave Grohl ever gets sick of Foo Fighters and decides to drum once again for Petty's band (as he did on SNL in 1994), here's hoping they form a new Petty/Vedder/Grohl supergroup, Traveling Wilburys: The Next Generation.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Zoe Saldana Gets Gifted Two Halloween Costumes For Twins in 'Queen Latifah Show' Exclusive Video
- Oscar de la Renta Dead - Legendary Fashion Designer Dies at 82
- Pregnant Blake Lively Accentuates Baby Bump with a Beaming Ryan Reynolds By Her Side!
- Rachel Bilson Gets a Checkup Before Her Baby's Arrival!