'Ego is My Drug': The 8 Biggest Boasts in Kanye West’s W Magazine Profile
"I care about everything. Sometimes not giving a f--- is caring the most," said West in his interview with the magazine.
From winning an astonishing 21 Grammys to impregnating Kim Kardashian, Kanye West has an awful lot to boast about -- and he usually does.
The "Touch the Sky" rapper, whose latest album, Yeezus, was just released, is featured on the latest cover of W Magazine, and his interview is an example of the prolific artist’s intellectual prowess and his infamous, often off-putting, confidence.
Here are a few of the best self-congratulatory remarks from Yeezy.
1. “Cause it’s like, Yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.”
2. “Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermès factory. Shit is real. You’re not going to find a ch--k.”
3. “God’s little practical joke on me -- as an intellect who doesn’t like to read a lot -- is like, I’ll say some super philosophical shit, but I’ll say it the wrong way. I’ll use the wrong word, so it goes from being really special to completely retarded.”
4. On releasing his own sex tape before the media gets a hold of it: “At least I recorded the shit myself. That tape couldn’t have hurt me in any way if it came out -- it could only have helped.”
5. “I care about everything. Sometimes not giving a f--- is caring the most.”
6. “But my ego is my drug. My drug is, ‘I’m better than all you other motherf---ers. Kiss my ass!'”
7. “I made that song because I am a god.”
8. “Now, I just do exactly what I want, whenever I want, how the f--- I want. ‘F--- you’ is my message.”
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Anastasia's Stepdad
- Here's the New Logo for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' (PHOTO)
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' 'Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas,' 'Saving Mr. Banks,' & More
- Tom Hanks on the Burden of Playing Walt Disney, the Real P.L. Travers, and Dinners With Emma Thompson