Elton John Says Feud With Madonna Is Over
It was all apparently settled over dinner at a French restaurant.
Finally, the enmity between two globally famous pop stars appears to be over.
During a chat with Extra's Terri Seymour, Elton John dismissed the idea that his long-documented public sniping with Madonna is still on, deeming the whole thing "over and done with." And it was all apparently settled civilly by buying dinner at a French restaurant.
"We were in a restaurant in France in the summertime. She came in, and I sent over a note. She was very gracious. I apologized profusely because what I said should never have appeared in public," John told Extra. "She accepted our apology, and then we bought her dinner. That's over and done with."
Last August, Madonna indicated that the feud -- which included John deeming the Material Girl a "fairground stripper" and a spat over Lady Gaga's music -- was ending when she dedicated a song to the "Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting)" singer.
Watch the Elton John clip here.
What's Hot In Music
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Alex Trebek Overpronouncing Foreign Words: A Supercut
- The Bachelorette: What Happens in the Fantasy Suite Stays in the Fantasy Suite?
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'