Elton John, The Pixies, Arctic Monkeys Added to U.K.'s iTunes Festival Lineup
The stars are the latest acts to play at the free London concert series, which is organized by Apple and will also feature Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke and Queens of the Stone Age.
LONDON – Sir Elton John, The Pixies, Arctic Monkeys and Robin Thicke have become the latest attention grabbing acts to sign up to perform at Apple's iTunes Festival here later this year.
The free concert series will include more than 60 acts. Performances will take place every night throughout September at London's Roundhouse venue.
The Pixies, whose recent release "Bagboy" two weeks ago was the band's first new song in nearly a decade, are also set to tour the U.K. and Europe later this year. Within minutes of tickets going on sale for The Pixie's tour, shows in London, Dublin, Madrid, Amsterdam and Brussels sold out, with second shows then added -- and also sold out -- in all of those markets.
The new line-up additions join acts including Kings of Leon, Justin Timberlake, Sigur Ros, Paramore, Queens of the Stone Age and Vampire Weekend for the iTunes festival.
"We're all big Mac fans, so we're particularly excited to be performing at the iTunes Festival in London," said the Pixies' Joey Santiago.
Tickets are allocated in a lottery system. Performances are also being streamed online. The festival runs Sept. 1-30.
The iTunes Festival launched in 2007. It traditionally took place in July, but last year was moved to September.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!