Eminem Releases Spike Lee-Directed 'Headlights' on Mother’s Day (Video)
The four-minute video explores the troubled relationship between the rapper and his mother, Debbie Mathers.
Eminem celebrated Mother’s Day with the release of his heartfelt new Spike Lee-directed music video for “Headlights,” in which he apologizes to his mom for negatively referencing her in his past music.
In early April, Eminem revealed on Twitter and Instagram that legendary filmmaker Lee -- known for such classics as Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever and Malcolm X -- would be directing “Headlights” in the rapper’s hometown of Detroit. And on May 9, Eminem released a teaser of the video on YouTube.
Shot mostly from the first-person perspective of Eminem’s mother, Debbie Mathers, the four-minute video explores the troubled relationship between the rapper and his mom and eventually finds the two reconnecting after years of fighting.
"Headlights," which features .Fun frontman Nate Ruess, is the latest video from Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 last November.
As previously reported, Eminem will become the first rapper to headline London’s Wembley Stadium. He will play the iconic 90,000-capacity venue on July 11-12. He’s also scheduled to appear at Chicago’s Lollapalooza on Aug. 1 and play back-to-back concerts with Rihanna at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., on Aug. 7-8.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
What's Hot In Music
- The 9 Best 'Sharknado' GIFs Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Jessica Alba Puts Her Unbelievable Bikini Body on Display for 'Maxim' September 2014
- Khloe Kardashian Also Throws Shade at Adrienne Bailon: 'Don't Kick My Brother When He's Down'
- Doutzen Kroes & Husband Sunnery James Welcome Baby Girl Myllena Mae - See the First Family Photo!
- Drew Barrymore Releases Statement After Half-Sister Jessica's Sudden Passing at 47