'The X Factor' UK: Estelle is on Simon Cowell's Radar as a New Addition to the Judges Panel
Show boss Cowell is just waiting to hear back about the British R&B singer’s availability to take part in the audition process, which starts in May.
British R&B singer Estelle is rumored to be Simon Cowell’s new pick for The X Factor UK judges panel. She would replace former Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland, who reportedly wants to focus on her music career back in the states.
This would bring The X Factor UK judges panel back to a nearly all British collection -- with the exception of Irish music manager Louis Walsh. The judges who have been asked back include singer-songwriter Gary Barlow from Cheshire, and Tulisa Contostavlos, who is one third of the hip hop group N-Dubz from Camden Town.
Cowell is reportedly in talks with the soulful singer about the possibility of joining the ITV1 show for auditions, which begin in May. Estelle is currently wrapping up a US tour that concludes March 5.
Cowell previously, however, admitted that he is fond of the idea of Cheryl Cole returning to the judges panel. An X Factor spokesperson said in a statement that the show’s team had not yet been decided.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch