Fall Out Boy Announces New Album and Tour
The "Sugar We're Going Down" pop-punk band is set to release their first studio album in more than four years.
Fall Out Boy has announced that it will release a new album, Save Rock and Roll, on May 7, Billboard reports. The album’s first single, “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark,” has already been released to iTunes. The full-length record will mark the 10th anniversary of the band's debut album Take This to Your Grave.
In a statement, the group said, “This isn't a reunion because we never broke up. We needed to plug back in and make some music that matters to us.”
For the past few years, there had been speculation that the band, which has not released a new album since 2008, had broken up indefinitely.
Though an official split was never confirmed, in 2010, Pete Wentz, the band’s lyricist/bassist, and Patrick Stump, the guitarist/singer, revealed that they were taking a break from Fall Out Boy. During this time, the two musicians focused on other projects. In October 2011, Stump released his solo debut, Soul Punk, while Wentz formed an experimental electro-pop group Black Cards.
Overall, Fall Out Boy has sold 5.7 million albums since 2003's Take This to Your Grave. Fall Out Boy also has had three top 10 albums on the Billboard 200, including 2007's Infinity on High, which hit No. 1.
The band has said, "When we were kids the only thing that got us through most days was music. It's why we started Fall Out Boy in the first place.”
After the release of their album, Fall Out Boy will kick off the Save Rock and Roll Tour on May 14 in Milwaukee, Wis., before wrapping up June 30 in Nashville, Tenn. The band will play Los Angeles' The Wiltern on June 13.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Robert Downey Jr. Tweets First Photo From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set
- Hot Docs 2014: 'The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz' Review
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief