Fat Joe Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion
Fat Joe "has taken responsibility for his tax failures," his defense attorney stated.
Rapper Fat Joe plead guilty in a Newark, New Jersey court to tax evasion on Thursday.
The artist, whose name is Joseph Cartagena, owed more than $700,000 in taxes to the federal government, prosecutors alleged, according to the Associated Press.
Cartagena earned almost $3 million in two years, the AP reported.
The artist is currently free on $250,000 bail and could face up to two years in prison when he's sentenced on April 3, the newspaper stated.
Fat Joe's last album was The Darkside Vol. 1, which was released in July 2010.
What's Hot In Music
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler