Fat Joe Sentenced to Prison for Tax Evasion
The rapper gets a four-month stint behind bars as well as a $15,000 fine.
Rapper Fat Joe has been sentenced to four months in jail for tax evasion.
The Bronx-born artist, whose name is Joseph Cartagena, owed more than $700,000 in taxes to the federal government, and pleaded guilty in December 2012 to two counts of failing to file returns on income of $3 million-plus earned over a two-year period.
During his sentencing on Monday, Fat Joe, 42, was also fined $15,000, although, according to Reuters, a judge commended him for paying back $718,000 and also contributing to charities.
"There was a lot going on in the years that I didn't file my taxes, but it was my responsibility," he said in court, apologizing to family including his 6-year-old daughter, who he says is being teased in school over his jail sentence.
Fat Joe's last album was The Darkside Vol. 1, which was released in July 2010.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Best of Late Night TV: Ice Cube Talks N.W.A. Movie, Alan Cumming Recalls Shia's 'Cabaret' Arrest (VIDEO)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!