Fiona Apple Lashes Out at Heckler's 'Get Healthy' Comment: 'Get the F--- Out of Here'
The singer-songwriter furiously responds to a concertgoer's remark about her appearance.
Fiona Apple has never been shy about expressing her opinion (see: her 1997 "this world is bullshit" VMA speech), so it's perhaps not surprising that she would lash out at a critical comment made by a concertgoer during a performance on Thursday in Portland, Ore.
Towards the end of her set with tour mate Blake Mills, one audience member took aim at the gaunt-looking performer, yelling, "Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!," according to Stereogum's review of the show.
A hurt Apple furiously responded to the outburst.
"I am healthy! Who the f--- do you think you are? I want you to get the f--- out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!" she said.
The house lights did come on and the critical concertgoer left, but not before getting in one last shot: "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!"
Apple continued to be upset about the incident, Stereogum reports, saying she was done and fighting back tears as she performed an intense version of "Waltz (Better Than Fine)."
The show was the first date on a fall tour with Mills and others.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!