Fiona Apple Lashes Out at Heckler's 'Get Healthy' Comment: 'Get the F--- Out of Here'
The singer-songwriter furiously responds to a concertgoer's remark about her appearance.
Fiona Apple has never been shy about expressing her opinion (see: her 1997 "this world is bullshit" VMA speech), so it's perhaps not surprising that she would lash out at a critical comment made by a concertgoer during a performance on Thursday in Portland, Ore.
Towards the end of her set with tour mate Blake Mills, one audience member took aim at the gaunt-looking performer, yelling, "Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!," according to Stereogum's review of the show.
A hurt Apple furiously responded to the outburst.
"I am healthy! Who the f--- do you think you are? I want you to get the f--- out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!" she said.
The house lights did come on and the critical concertgoer left, but not before getting in one last shot: "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!"
Apple continued to be upset about the incident, Stereogum reports, saying she was done and fighting back tears as she performed an intense version of "Waltz (Better Than Fine)."
The show was the first date on a fall tour with Mills and others.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project