Fiona Apple Unveils 23-Word Album Title
The singer's latest record will be released in June.
(Disclaimer: in honor of the title of Fiona Apple's forthcoming album, the paragraphs in this news story will all include exactly 23 words.)
Fiona Apple revealed all 23 words of the title of her long-awaited fourth studio album on Wednesday (Mar. 7). Here's the full title:
"The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do."
The album name isn't the first time Apple has dabbled with impossibly long titles: her sophomore title, "When The Pawn…," included 90 words!
After multiple delays, the follow-up to 2005's Extraordinary Machine is believed to be due out in late June on Epic, according to Pitchfork.
Last month, the singer-songwriter announced a six-date March tour that kicks off on Mar. 19, following a performance at SXSW on Mar. 15.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!