Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Writes New Chapter as Comic Book Guy
The eccentric frontman will unveil psychedelic fantasy "The Sun Is Sick" at Comic-Con this week.
Wayne Coyne’s “art” is anything but conventional. He’s had hits with songs about deadly, mystical robots. He’s played eight cities in 24 hours, printed posters in his own blood, and he once tried -- and failed -- to synchronize 160 iPhones to broadcast the Zaireeka album on air.
Now, the Flaming Lips frontman is trying his hand at comic books.
Coyne will unveil the psychedelic fantasy The Sun Is Sick at this week’s Comic-Con in San Diego, and then it will be made available online at flaminglips.com.
It’s described as a 40-page title that’s aimed at adults. According to a statement from the band, it “may be a comic book, but make no mistake; this is not suitable for children and depending on what sort of person you are, it may not be suitable for some of you non-children either. If you have doubts at this moment, then The Sun Is Sick is not for you.”
The band is currently on tour in the U.S. A new song and video, “Turning Violent,” dropped this week. Watch it here.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- OneRepublic's 'Ordinary Human' Music Video Includes New 'Giver' Footage - Watch Now!
- Kelly Brook Announces She's the New Face of Skechers!
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!