Fleetwood Mac's John McVie Diagnosed With Cancer
The band have canceled their Australian and New Zealand tour so that McVie can seek treatment for the illness.
Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie has been diagnosed with cancer, says a statement on the band's official Facebook page. The band have canceled their Australian and New Zealand tour so that McVie, 67, can seek treatment for the illness.
"Fleetwood Mac, who has just completed the European leg of their phenomenally successful worldwide tour, has announced the cancellation of their upcoming 14-date tour of Australia and New Zealand," read the Facebook statement posted Oct. 27. "John McVie, one of the co-founding and original members of Fleetwood Mac, is now scheduled to be in treatment for cancer during that period of time."
"We are sorry to not be able to play these Australian and New Zealand dates," the post continued. "We hope our Australian and New Zealand fans as well as Fleetwood Mac fans everywhere will join us in wishing John and his family all the best."
In April 2013, Fleetwood Mac released a 4-track EP, Extended Play, their first collection of new tunes since 2003's Say You Will. The band's 2013 tour saw the brief return of long-departed keyboardist (and John's former wife) Christine McVie, who joined the Mac at London's 02 Arena in September.
This article first appeared at Billboard.com.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'