Florence and the Machine's MTV Unplugged Premieres Online (Video)
The British band's December performance aired on television Sunday night, followed by the web launch.
This machine needs no electricity.
Florence + the Machine performed for MTV Unplugged along with a full string orchestra at the Angel Orensanz Center in New York in December, and on Sunday evening, the concert, led by lead singer Florence Welch's soaring, sky-aspirant vocals, made its television debut.
Performing hits from their two albums, Lungs and Ceremonials, such as "Dog Days are Over" and "Only If For The Night," along with several cover songs, such as Jerry Leiber and Billy Edd Wheeler's "Jackson" and Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness," the band reached symphonic heights, testing the limits of acoustics as Welch's voice threatened to touch the ceiling.
Listen to two of the songs below, and click over to MTV for the rest.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother