Florence and the Machine's MTV Unplugged Premieres Online (Video)
The British band's December performance aired on television Sunday night, followed by the web launch.
This machine needs no electricity.
Florence + the Machine performed for MTV Unplugged along with a full string orchestra at the Angel Orensanz Center in New York in December, and on Sunday evening, the concert, led by lead singer Florence Welch's soaring, sky-aspirant vocals, made its television debut.
Performing hits from their two albums, Lungs and Ceremonials, such as "Dog Days are Over" and "Only If For The Night," along with several cover songs, such as Jerry Leiber and Billy Edd Wheeler's "Jackson" and Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness," the band reached symphonic heights, testing the limits of acoustics as Welch's voice threatened to touch the ceiling.
Listen to two of the songs below, and click over to MTV for the rest.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!