Foxes Signs to RCA Records, Announces 'Youth' EP
One week after her Zedd collaboration "Clarity" inched into the Hot 100's Top 10, the singer announces a major label deal and forthcoming EP, due out Oct. 8.
One week after her Zedd collaboration "Clarity" inched into the Hot 100's Top 10 in its 20th week on the chart, Foxes has announced a deal with RCA Records as a solo artist and released a new music video for her single "Youth." A Youth EP will be released on Oct. 8, with a debut full-length coming in 2014.
RCA will re-release the "Youth" single to digital retailers next Tuesday (Aug. 20), while the forthcoming EP will include remixes from Breakage, Danny Howard and Seamus Haji. The stark new "Youth" music video was directed by James Copeman.
"Youth" was originally released last year on Neon Gold, and the single captured the attention of German dance producer Zedd, who complimented Foxes over Skype and asked if she was interested in tackling the vocal for "Clarity." The single, from Zedd's album of the same name, zoomed to No. 8 on last week's Hot 100 chart and has sold 1.4 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Foxes (real name: Louisa Rose Allen) has also appeared on Fall Out Boy's "Just One Yesterday" and Rudimental's "Right Here." But the 24-year-old singer told Billboard last May that she's done playing the guest star.
"I don't want to be that 'featured' artist," Foxes said, "because I also have my music that's my baby, and at the end of the day, that's the most important thing to me."
As for her debut album, Foxes says it has a "dark streak…as well as a pop element that runs through it."
Check out the video for "Beauty Queen," which was released last May, below:
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles
- Zelda Williams Honors Late Father Robin Williams With New Tattoo
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'John Wick,' 'The Hunger Games,' 'Jane the Virgin,' & More (VIDEO)
- James Spader Says His 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Villain Is 'Bats--t Crazy'
- Fergie Talks Baby Boy Axl on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show'
- Behati Prinsloo Had an Inspiring Night at the Global Leadership Dinner
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' In Jeopardy After TLC Discovers Mama June Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Halle Berry Debuts Lingerie Line, Says 'I'm Always Looking at Women's Bosoms Now!'