Frances Bean Cobain Slams Mom Courtney Love Over Dave Grohl Comments
The 19-year-old daughter of Kurt Cobain issued a statement defending the Foo Fighters front man against her mother's accusations.
Courtney Love has her estranged daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, on the defensive. On Wednesday, the Hole singer accused former Nirvana drummer, Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl, of making sexual advances toward Frances. And now, the 19-year-old is defending his and her honor.
"While I'm generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother," Cobain says in a statement released Thursday using Foo Fighters’ publicity firm, "her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I'm in a monogamous relationship and very happy."
Then, Cobain ends the statement with a line that shows her rock and roll lineage: “Twitter should ban my mother.”
It all started when Love began tweeting on her private Twitter account (and exposed by Gawker) that she had heard some disturbing information concerning Grohl, 43, and her daughter.
"I hear from frannies roommate that @davegrohl hit on frances," Love, 47, writes. "And that she was curious, I'm not mad at her, him I am about to shoot, dead."
While she says that it may all be just rumors, she goes on to make more accusations against Grohl, including that he was "sexually obsessed" with her late husband and Cobain’s father, Nirvana front man Kurt Cobain.
Grohl’s rep tells Gawker, "Unfortunately Courtney is on another hateful twitter rant. These new accusations are upsetting, offensive and absolutely untrue."
Note: The Twitter handle Love uses for Grohl actually belongs to a German IT student who hasn't tweeted since 2008.
Love has had a longstanding beef with Grohl over rights to Nirvana's legacy.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Music
- Rod McKuen, Oscar-Nominated Songwriter And Bestselling Poet, Dead At 81
- Marshawn Lynch Playing Rob Gronkowski In 'Mortal Kombat' Puts The Super Bowl To Shame
- The Soundtrack Of My Life: Chatting with Donny Osmond, Melissa Manchester, Louise Goffin, Meitel and Rumer
- Saying Goodbye To 'Parenthood' Is The Biggest Tear-Jerker Of All
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne
- Iggy Azalea Calls Steve Madden Photo Shoot 'Disgusting'
- Harry Connick Jr. Hilariously Belts Out Sia's 'Chandelier' on 'American Idol' - Watch Now!
- Kristin Chenoweth Steps Out for 'On The Twentieth Century' Photo Call with Peter Gallagher