Frank Ocean Chooses 'Sanity,' Says He Won't Press Charges Against Chris Brown
"No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom," the "Channel Orange" artist wrote on Tumblr.
Frank Ocean says he's choosing "sanity" after an alleged brawl with Chris Brown.
The Channel Orange artist -- who was reported to have been involved in a fight between the entourages of both pop-stars last Sunday -- stated he won't be pressing charges.
On Ocean's Tumblr, the singer remarked he chose the route of forgiveness.
"As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man I am not a killer," he wrote. "I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace."
The brawl, according to TMZ, occurred at Westlake Studio in Los Angeles and was apparently instigated over a parking spot.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup