Frank Ocean Chooses 'Sanity,' Says He Won't Press Charges Against Chris Brown
"No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom," the "Channel Orange" artist wrote on Tumblr.
Frank Ocean says he's choosing "sanity" after an alleged brawl with Chris Brown.
The Channel Orange artist -- who was reported to have been involved in a fight between the entourages of both pop-stars last Sunday -- stated he won't be pressing charges.
On Ocean's Tumblr, the singer remarked he chose the route of forgiveness.
"As a child I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man I am not a killer," he wrote. "I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace."
The brawl, according to TMZ, occurred at Westlake Studio in Los Angeles and was apparently instigated over a parking spot.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"