Frank Ocean Plays on 'Fallon,' Makes TV Debut with 'Bad Religion' (Video)
The Odd Future singer, promoting his own solo album, gave a lush performance on "Late Night."
It's been quite a week for Frank Ocean, but Monday night was all about the music.
The R&B star, known best as part of the Odd Future crew and now striking off on his own solo career, made his television performance debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon by singing his new single "Bad Religion" with a little help from backing band The Roots. It's a crooning track off his new album, Channel Orange, and the lush notes and obvious soul with which he sang drew raving applause from the studio audience.
Of course, the support had extra meaning; over the weekend, Ocean posted a letter that told the story of the first time he fell in love with a man, marking a rare sexual coming out in the hip hop world and a flashpoint in its effort to become more accepting of non-straight members.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum