Frank Ocean Plays on 'Fallon,' Makes TV Debut with 'Bad Religion' (Video)
The Odd Future singer, promoting his own solo album, gave a lush performance on "Late Night."
It's been quite a week for Frank Ocean, but Monday night was all about the music.
The R&B star, known best as part of the Odd Future crew and now striking off on his own solo career, made his television performance debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon by singing his new single "Bad Religion" with a little help from backing band The Roots. It's a crooning track off his new album, Channel Orange, and the lush notes and obvious soul with which he sang drew raving applause from the studio audience.
Of course, the support had extra meaning; over the weekend, Ocean posted a letter that told the story of the first time he fell in love with a man, marking a rare sexual coming out in the hip hop world and a flashpoint in its effort to become more accepting of non-straight members.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott