Frank Ocean Debuts 'Pyramids' Video With John Mayer Cameo
The clip, directed by Nabil, is set in Sin City.
The music video for Frank Ocean's single "Pyramids" is set mainly in a Las Vegas strip club and features a cameo from John Mayer.
The buzzy, acclaimed R&B star debuted the clip following his pair of performances on this weekend's Saturday Night Live, where he sang "Thinking About You" as well as "Pyramids" (with Mayer on a guitar solo). Ocean released his debut solo album, Channel Orange, to rave reviews in July.
The 8-minute "Pyramids" video -- directed by Nabil, who helmed Kanye West's "Mercy" and Bon Iver's "Holocene" -- beings with Ocean shooting at bottles of liquor in a bar and then taking off on a motorcyle into the desert. In another, not-suitable-for-work scene, he's shown watching strippers in Sin City; the song's lyrics tell two stories, one of Egyptian queen Cleopatra and the other of a stripper named Cleopatra who works at "the Pyramid." Mayer breaks out his guitar skills at around six minutes, riffing alongside a neon .... pyramid.
Watch the "Pyramids" footage here, via Vulture.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010