Frank Ocean Debuts 'Pyramids' Video With John Mayer Cameo
The clip, directed by Nabil, is set in Sin City.
The music video for Frank Ocean's single "Pyramids" is set mainly in a Las Vegas strip club and features a cameo from John Mayer.
The buzzy, acclaimed R&B star debuted the clip following his pair of performances on this weekend's Saturday Night Live, where he sang "Thinking About You" as well as "Pyramids" (with Mayer on a guitar solo). Ocean released his debut solo album, Channel Orange, to rave reviews in July.
The 8-minute "Pyramids" video -- directed by Nabil, who helmed Kanye West's "Mercy" and Bon Iver's "Holocene" -- beings with Ocean shooting at bottles of liquor in a bar and then taking off on a motorcyle into the desert. In another, not-suitable-for-work scene, he's shown watching strippers in Sin City; the song's lyrics tell two stories, one of Egyptian queen Cleopatra and the other of a stripper named Cleopatra who works at "the Pyramid." Mayer breaks out his guitar skills at around six minutes, riffing alongside a neon .... pyramid.
Watch the "Pyramids" footage here, via Vulture.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)