Fun.'s 'We Are Young' Gets the Middle-Age Treatment in New Spoof (Video)
Singers Tommy Fields and Nikki Boyer proclaim, “We’re Not Young,” as they lament about the woes of being members of the over-30 club.
Right on cue, as fun. continues to dominate the music charts, the band’s smash hit single “We Are Young” gets the viral video treatment.
In a new clip from Yahoo!’s SketchY comedy series, singer-songwriters Tommy Fields and Nikki Boyer put a new spin on the youth-centric single. Instead of setting the world on fire and burning brighter than the sun, Fields laments that, “Depression and anxiety has come on strong since 33 making it hard not to crack.”
“Tonight we’re not young,” the chorus continues. “We’re all somewhere in our 30s, nothing worthy, this ain’t fun.”
Among the other woes addressed: parenthood, obesity, prostate checks and DUIs. Watch below.
The five-minute video also stars Nate Smith, Nick Ross, Tom Murphy, Anne Gregory, Michael Hartney, Tara Copeland and Sharmila Sahni. The spoof was written and directed by Smith, Ross and Murphy.
fun.’s “We Are Young,” featuring Janelle Monae, continues to hold on to the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100, beating Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend,” Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” and One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'