Fun.'s 'We Are Young' Gets the Middle-Age Treatment in New Spoof (Video)
Singers Tommy Fields and Nikki Boyer proclaim, “We’re Not Young,” as they lament about the woes of being members of the over-30 club.
Right on cue, as fun. continues to dominate the music charts, the band’s smash hit single “We Are Young” gets the viral video treatment.
In a new clip from Yahoo!’s SketchY comedy series, singer-songwriters Tommy Fields and Nikki Boyer put a new spin on the youth-centric single. Instead of setting the world on fire and burning brighter than the sun, Fields laments that, “Depression and anxiety has come on strong since 33 making it hard not to crack.”
“Tonight we’re not young,” the chorus continues. “We’re all somewhere in our 30s, nothing worthy, this ain’t fun.”
Among the other woes addressed: parenthood, obesity, prostate checks and DUIs. Watch below.
The five-minute video also stars Nate Smith, Nick Ross, Tom Murphy, Anne Gregory, Michael Hartney, Tara Copeland and Sharmila Sahni. The spoof was written and directed by Smith, Ross and Murphy.
fun.’s “We Are Young,” featuring Janelle Monae, continues to hold on to the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100, beating Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend,” Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” and One Direction’s “What Makes You Beautiful.”
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend