'Game of Thrones' Actor Thomas Sangster to Appear in Brit Rock Music Video
U.K. band The Luka State recruited the young talent to star in the video for their new single "30 Minute Break," which centers on the issue of domestic violence against men.
LONDON -- Thomas Brodie-Sangster, best known for his turn as Jojen Reed in HBO's Game of Thrones, has turned up in emerging U.K. rock band The Luka State's music video for new single "30 Minute Break."
Produced by Sam Williams, the video explores the issue of domestic violence against men.
The 23-year-old Brodie-Sangster, whose acting résumé also includes appearances in Nowhere Boy, Nanny McPhee and Love Actually, plays the victim of the domestic abuse in the video.
"I really liked the fact that the script shines a light on a very real problem. Domestic violence is never spoken about, but female-on-male aggression is practically invisible. Nobody, male or female, should have to be scared in their own home," Brodie-Sangster tells THR.
The video is directed by cinematographer Oliver Kember.
Says Kember: "The idea for a domestic violence short film really came from the band. They had a very strong narrative idea within the lyrics of the song. We wanted the video to appear as gritty as possible, so we actually filmed the whole thing in a very guerilla fashion."
The video for "30 Minute Break" will be released digitally on March 24.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Comic-Con Trailer Will Blow Your Mind (VIDEO)
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Is Even More Sinful in the Red Band Comic-Con Trailer (VIDEO)
- 'The Bachelorette' Couples: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Box Office: How Scarlett Johansson Beat Dwayne Johnson at the Action Movie Game