Garth Brooks Announces 2014 World Tour (Video)
The country musician, who just wrapped a residency at Wynn Las Vegas and released a new album, spontaneously revealed the news Monday.
Looks like Garth Brooks just can't keep a secret around Robin Roberts. While making an appearance on Good Morning America to promote his new album, Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences -- a six-disc set that includes covers, his greatest hits and a DVD of his Las Vegas show -- Brooks spilled the beans about his plans for 2014.
"You know what, since it’s you, and since we’ve had a history forever, let’s announce it: We’re going on a world tour in 2014,” Brooks told Roberts today on Good Morning America. "I can’t believe I just did that! But you are a doll."
Just minutes before, Roberts had asked him about getting back on the road after wrapping his residency at the Wynn Las Vegas, to which he responded that at 52, it would be a "wheelchair and walker tour kind of thing" and said he would have to discuss the prospect with his wife, Trisha Yearwood, and their three daughters. And when he mentioned that he hoped to make an announcement "very soon," Roberts was surprised when he confirmed the tour within seconds.
"It sure feels good to get to throw your hat back in the ring," Brooks said, revealing, "All my babies are fine with it. Ms. Yearwood is fine with it. So now I get to do what I love to do, which is play music. I get to be with the person I want to be with, which is Ms. Yearwood." He also added that his children are grown up now, leaving him to return to performing internationally without too much guilt. "I’m a phone-call dad now. 'Hey Dad, I love you, can I borrow some money?'"
Brooks also noted that he plans to bring his full band back to the Wynn Las Vegas in January for two special concerts, at the same intimate venue where he's played his one-man show for three years. "[It's] very naked," he commented of his Wynn residency. "You’re just out there with you and your guitar and you depend on the people to kind of take care of you, and they have my whole career. and so Vegas was just a lovefest."
Brooks' official tour dates have yet to be released. Watch his surprising GMA reveal below:
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Will Have More Visual Effects Than Any Other Marvel Movie
- Florida Mom Petitions Toys 'R' Us to Remove 'Breaking Bad' Figures From Stores
- 'Sharknado 3' to Ravage the 'Feast Coast' Next Summer
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!
- Kaley Cuoco Wraps Up Ryan Sweeting at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration