Garth Brooks to Perform Live Concert on CBS
In the special, the country singer will pay tribute to the musicians who have influenced him over the years.
Garth Brooks will perform what is being called a "rare live broadcast concert special" on CBS next month.
The telecast, set to air from 9 to 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, will mark the final performance of the country singer's Wynn Las Vegas show, which has played to sold-out audiences for the past three years.
The special will feature Brooks, in an intimate setting, paying tribute to the musicians he grew up listening to along with those who have influenced him, including Merle Haggard, George Jones, Simon & Garfunkle, James Taylor, Otis Redding, Bob Seger and George Strait. Throughout the show, Brooks will perform some of their classic songs and show how they influenced his greatest hits.
"Blame it all on my roots," said Brooks in a nod to his hit, "Friends in Low Places." He continued: "This is the soundtrack of my life. Growing up the last of six kids, music was the life blood of our family. And as you can imagine, Mom, Dad and each kid had his or her own favorite stuff, and it all funneled down to me."
Added Jack Sussman, CBS' executive vp specials and events: "Garth will give the audience a rare opportunity to not only hear his classic hits, but also the music that became the soundtrack of his life and how those influences from the country, rock and pop worlds set him on the road to become the biggest-selling solo artist in history."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Andrew Garfield Touches Down in Venice After Emma Stone
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale