Gathering of the Juggalos Facing Local Backlash, Forced to Move Again
The festival curated by Insane Clown Posse was slated to be held in Missouri but now must find a new home.
Insane Clown Posse's Gathering of the Juggalos may not have found a new home after all.
The rap duo's annual festival will no longer be held in Kaiser, Mo., as previously reported, according to the Los Angeles Times. The operators of Crybaby Campground, where the fest was to be held, ultimately opted to not host the Gathering despite originally agreeing to do so.
"This was a hard decision," the group said in a statement, "and they did not make it lightly."
The campground's owners cited a backlash from local residents, who began to, according to a post on the Gathering's website, "raise hell," particularly due to the duo's recent lawsuit against the FBI for classifying Juggalos, the name given to fans of Insane Clown Posse, as a gang.
"We also want to add that the owners of the campground did not have a problem with the Gathering being held on their property and have mad love for all people, including Juggalos," the post on the festival's website read. "We have been working with them to make sure this was going to be one of the greatest Gatherings ever and they have been nothing but supportive, kind hearted and open minded. They also fully understood what the Gathering was and were fully willing to welcome us with open arms (after all, this is the same spot that hosts a biker rally every year)."
The group confirmed that, though a new location has not yet been nailed down, the organizers have been "aggressively looking into other areas to hold the Gathering and have a couple places already lined up." They also announced that all current ticketholders would receive full refunds.
The 2014 Gathering of the Juggalos was to be the first festival held in Kaiser. The fest previously took place in Cave-in-Rock, Ill., from 2007-13.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
What's Hot In Music
- And Now, Here Are the 23 Most Outrageous Moments from 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- 21 Adrenaline-Pumping Blunders From Your Favorite Action Movies (PHOTOS)
- Best of Late Night TV: Zoe Saldana's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Makeup, Heidi Klum Rolls With Jimmy Fallon (VIDEO)
- Here's What's New on Netflix for August 2014
- Here's a List of the Ten Greatest Lines From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'!
- Kristen Bell Plays Dress Up on Night Off from 'Hair' Rehearsals
- Vin Diesel Covers 'Stay With Me' & Really Goes For Those High Notes - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Lopez & Maksim Chmerkovskiy Dating Rumors Still Haven't Been Put to Rest