Gavin DeGraw Returns With 'Best I Ever Had' Single
The singer-songwriter released the track as the lead single off his fifth studio album.
A decade after Gavin DeGraw first struck gold with his single "I Don't Want To Be," the singer-songwriter has returned with a new single, "Best I Ever Had," in which he addresses not being able to smoke inside, fans who can't take their eyes off their smartphones, and a world full of "too many hipsters" that he can't relate to. The track previews DeGraw's fifth studio album, due out later this year.
Outside the comfort zone of his past hits, "Best I Ever Had" moves to the rhythm of a pounding kickdrum, galloping guitar and a horn section that recalls contemporary folk-leaning artists like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Of Monsters & Men. Co-written by DeGraw and Martin Johnson (who also produced the track), "Best I Ever Had" hit radio and digital retailers on Tuesday, June 18.
Sweeter, DeGraw's last studio album, spawned the hit "Not Over You" and has sold 223,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. In the interim between albums, the singer appeared on -- and, sadly, did not win -- season 14 of Dancing With the Stars.
This summer, fans can catch DeGraw on tour with Train and The Script -- check out the dates below:
July 17: Cleveland, OH (Blossom Music Center)
July 18: Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
July 19: Noblesville, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
July 21: Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheater)
July 23: Wantagh, NY (Nikon at Jones Beach Theater)
July 24: Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
July 27: Mansfield, MA (Comcast Center)
July 28: Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
July 30: Charlotte, NC (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
July 31: Atlanta, GA (Aarons Amphitheater at Lakewood)
Aug. 2: Woodlands, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Aug. 3: Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion)
Aug. 6: Albuquerque, NM (Isleta Amphitheater)
Aug.7: Phoenix, AZ (Desert Sky Pavilion)
Aug. 9: Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Aug. 10: Sacramento, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
Aug. 11: San Francisco, CA (America's Cup)
Aug. 13: Ridgefield, WA (Sleep Country Amphitheater)
Aug. 14: Auburn, WA (White River Amphitheater)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress