Gavin DeGraw Returns With 'Best I Ever Had' Single
The singer-songwriter released the track as the lead single off his fifth studio album.
A decade after Gavin DeGraw first struck gold with his single "I Don't Want To Be," the singer-songwriter has returned with a new single, "Best I Ever Had," in which he addresses not being able to smoke inside, fans who can't take their eyes off their smartphones, and a world full of "too many hipsters" that he can't relate to. The track previews DeGraw's fifth studio album, due out later this year.
Outside the comfort zone of his past hits, "Best I Ever Had" moves to the rhythm of a pounding kickdrum, galloping guitar and a horn section that recalls contemporary folk-leaning artists like Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Of Monsters & Men. Co-written by DeGraw and Martin Johnson (who also produced the track), "Best I Ever Had" hit radio and digital retailers on Tuesday, June 18.
Sweeter, DeGraw's last studio album, spawned the hit "Not Over You" and has sold 223,000 copies to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan. In the interim between albums, the singer appeared on -- and, sadly, did not win -- season 14 of Dancing With the Stars.
This summer, fans can catch DeGraw on tour with Train and The Script -- check out the dates below:
July 17: Cleveland, OH (Blossom Music Center)
July 18: Detroit, MI (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
July 19: Noblesville, IN (Klipsch Music Center)
July 21: Tinley Park, IL (First Midwest Bank Amphitheater)
July 23: Wantagh, NY (Nikon at Jones Beach Theater)
July 24: Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center)
July 27: Mansfield, MA (Comcast Center)
July 28: Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
July 30: Charlotte, NC (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
July 31: Atlanta, GA (Aarons Amphitheater at Lakewood)
Aug. 2: Woodlands, TX (Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion)
Aug. 3: Dallas, TX (Gexa Energy Pavilion)
Aug. 6: Albuquerque, NM (Isleta Amphitheater)
Aug.7: Phoenix, AZ (Desert Sky Pavilion)
Aug. 9: Irvine, CA (Verizon Wireless Amphitheater)
Aug. 10: Sacramento, CA (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
Aug. 11: San Francisco, CA (America's Cup)
Aug. 13: Ridgefield, WA (Sleep Country Amphitheater)
Aug. 14: Auburn, WA (White River Amphitheater)
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- Hippie Blues: 45 Years of Led Zeppelin
- Music Turns Me on: A Conversation With the Hot Band Dopapod
- Ira Sachs' New Film "Love is Strange" Screens at the Deauville American Film Festival: Alfred Molina and John Lithgow as a Married Couple in Love
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Contestant Alfonso Ribeiro Proves Carlton Still Got It
- Lupita Nyong'o Visits 'Sesame Street' and It's All Kinds of Adorable (VIDEO)
- What Every '90s Kid Needs to See in the 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Reboot
- What's On TV Tonight: 'The Mindy Project' and 'New Girl' Season Premieres, 'Sons of Anarchy,' and More Picks
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Kim Coates Says the Final Season Is 'Full Out, Full Throttle, Wiping Everybody Out'