Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys to Headline U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival
They will be joined by the likes of Mumford & Sons, Dizzee Rascal, Rita Ora and Elvis Costello at the annual open-air spectacular in late June.
LONDON -- The Rolling Stones, Arctic Monkeys and Mumford & Sons will headline this summer's Glastonbury music festival, one of the biggest in the U.K.
Organizers unveiled key acts for the annual open-air Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts on Wednesday. The event, attended by an estimated 150,000 people each year, will take place June 28-30 on its traditional location near Pilton, Somerset, England.
A farmer founded the event there in the 1970s. The first festival editions were heavily influenced by the hippie movement.
Joining the 2013 headliners as part of the lineup on the festival's so-called main Pyramid Stage will be the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Primal Scream, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Elvis Costello, Kenny Rogers, Rita Ora, Rufus Wainwright and Professor Green.
Performing on the "Other Stage" will be such acts as Portishead, The Smashing Pumpkins and The Hives.
The West Holts stage will feature Public Enemy, the Orb & Indigenous People and others.
The Silver Hayes stage lineup includes Nas and Hot Natured, while the Acoustic Tent will feature Sinead O'Connor, Stevie Winwood, Martha Wainwright and KT Tunstall, among others.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'
- Get Creeped Out By the Latest Demon-Filled 'Constantine' Trailer (VIDEO)