Grammy Awards 2014: Beyonce, Madonna to Perform?
A report has surfaced linking the two divas to the upcoming ceremony.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
The 56th Grammy Awards will be a star-studded event, with performances from Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Daft Punk and more on Jan. 26. Two more superstars might be added to the fold. According to a report from the Los Angeles Times, Beyonce and Madonna are expected to take the stage at the ceremony, to be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
The report points to a recent interview with Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich, who does not confirm or deny the pop divas' participation in the event. Representatives for Beyonce and Madonna did not respond to requests for comments.
Beyonce, of course, is no stranger to high-profile surprises: The singer released her self-titled fifth studio album out of nowhere last month, and the album subsequently topped the Billboard 200 chart. Its current sales stand at 1.5 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan. A Grammy Awards performance would be her first televised showcase since the stealth album launch.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Joaquin Phoenix Is Reportedly in Talks For 'Doctor Strange': Here's Why That's a Good Thing
- 'The Judge' Selected For TIFF 2014 Opening Film
- Here's What You Need to Know About 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer
- What Does David Letterman's Retirement Mean for the Future of Late Night TV?