Grammy Awards 2014: Beyonce, Madonna to Perform?
A report has surfaced linking the two divas to the upcoming ceremony.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
The 56th Grammy Awards will be a star-studded event, with performances from Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Daft Punk and more on Jan. 26. Two more superstars might be added to the fold. According to a report from the Los Angeles Times, Beyonce and Madonna are expected to take the stage at the ceremony, to be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
The report points to a recent interview with Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich, who does not confirm or deny the pop divas' participation in the event. Representatives for Beyonce and Madonna did not respond to requests for comments.
Beyonce, of course, is no stranger to high-profile surprises: The singer released her self-titled fifth studio album out of nowhere last month, and the album subsequently topped the Billboard 200 chart. Its current sales stand at 1.5 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan. A Grammy Awards performance would be her first televised showcase since the stealth album launch.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!