Grammys 2012: Katy Perry Sings New Russell Brand-Inspired Song
The pop star debuted her newest tune, "Part of Me," which seems to be inspired - at least in part - by the end of her marriage to the actor/comedian.
When Katy Perry took the Grammy stage Sunday night, she started with a song off of her 2011 hit album, Teenage Dream.
But, after singing some of her hit, "E.T." the songstress transitioned into a new tune, "Part of Me," which by all accounts seems to be at least a little inspired by her breakup with husband Russell Brand.
Singing the defiant ballad in a skin-tight cut-out ensemble, Perry belted out lyrics like,
"You're not gonna break my soul," Perry belted out the defiant ballad in a skin-tight cut-out ensemble. "Your love was cheap, was always tearing at the seam. I feel deep and you let me down. But that was then and this is now."
She also tellingly sang, "You can keep the diamond ring. It don't mean nothing anyway. In fact you can keep everything. Yeah, yeah, except for me." The pair's divorce was finalized Feb. 7.
The track will be included on the extended version of Teenage Dream, set for release, March 13.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Weekend Box Office: Scarlett Johannson's 'Lucy' Beats The Rock's 'Hercules'
- All About That Mind-Blowing 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Footage From Comic-Con 2014
- 10 Facts About 'Godzilla 2,' 'Crimson Peak,' 'Skull Island,' and More, Straight From Comic-Con 2014
- Everything Revealed About the 'Goosebumps' Movie at Comic-Con 2014
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport