Grammys 2013: Brian Wilson Talks Beach Boys Reunion Backstage
Backstage at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, the Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point.
After sharing the best historical album award for The Smile Sessions at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, Brian Wilson was asked backstage about the possibility of a Beach Boys reunion.
Wilson replied quickly, flatly and without emotion, "I doubt it, no."
The Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point. The favorite song he's written? “California Girls.”
Did he and Van Dyke Parks -- Wilson's collaborator on the album -- know when they were writing Smile that it was ahead of its time? "Yes, we did," he responded.
The Beach Boys had embarked on a lengthy 50th anniversary tour in 2012 only to have it end in acrimony last fall.
Mike Love and Wilson each traded dueling statements arguing about whether Wilson was "fired" from the band after Love announced that he would continue touring with a stripped-down version of the Beach Boys.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'