Grammys 2013: Brian Wilson Talks Beach Boys Reunion Backstage
Backstage at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, the Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point.
After sharing the best historical album award for The Smile Sessions at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, Brian Wilson was asked backstage about the possibility of a Beach Boys reunion.
Wilson replied quickly, flatly and without emotion, "I doubt it, no."
The Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point. The favorite song he's written? “California Girls.”
Did he and Van Dyke Parks -- Wilson's collaborator on the album -- know when they were writing Smile that it was ahead of its time? "Yes, we did," he responded.
The Beach Boys had embarked on a lengthy 50th anniversary tour in 2012 only to have it end in acrimony last fall.
Mike Love and Wilson each traded dueling statements arguing about whether Wilson was "fired" from the band after Love announced that he would continue touring with a stripped-down version of the Beach Boys.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- OneRepublic's 'Ordinary Human' Music Video Includes New 'Giver' Footage - Watch Now!
- Kelly Brook Announces She's the New Face of Skechers!
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!