Grammys 2013: Brian Wilson Talks Beach Boys Reunion Backstage
Backstage at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, the Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point.
After sharing the best historical album award for The Smile Sessions at the Grammys Pre-Telecast awards, Brian Wilson was asked backstage about the possibility of a Beach Boys reunion.
Wilson replied quickly, flatly and without emotion, "I doubt it, no."
The Beach Boys frontman's comments were typically brief and to the point. The favorite song he's written? “California Girls.”
Did he and Van Dyke Parks -- Wilson's collaborator on the album -- know when they were writing Smile that it was ahead of its time? "Yes, we did," he responded.
The Beach Boys had embarked on a lengthy 50th anniversary tour in 2012 only to have it end in acrimony last fall.
Mike Love and Wilson each traded dueling statements arguing about whether Wilson was "fired" from the band after Love announced that he would continue touring with a stripped-down version of the Beach Boys.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!