Grammys 2013: Janelle Monae Would 'Absolutely' Work With Fun. Again
The singer collaborated with the Best New Artist winners on the breakout hit "We Are Young."
Before "We Are Young" earned the Grammy Award for Song of the Year and before Fun. took home the trophy for Best New Artist, collaborator Janelle Monae was singing the group's praises on the red carpet.
"I love Fun.," she said, noting that she would "absolutely" work with them again in the future. "They're great guys. They're incredible artists and musicians."
Monae, who is featured on the infectious track, reveled in the Grammy environment, confessing that walking the same red carpet as Michael Jackson, Prince and Stevie Wonder -- all cited as "musical heroes" of hers -- once walked still seems surreal.
"It still does mean a lot to me," she said of being invited to the festivities.
"We Are Young," which hit the summit of Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart in March, has "cross generational" appeal, Monae says.
"I think people want to decompress. Everything is about balance," she said. "You can't work, work, work, work without any play. And I think 'We Are Young' taps into the side of you that wants to have a good time, that wants to be festive and be with your friends and your loved ones."
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Joaquin Phoenix Is Reportedly in Talks For 'Doctor Strange': Here's Why That's a Good Thing
- 'The Judge' Selected For TIFF 2014 Opening Film
- Here's What You Need to Know About 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1' Trailer
- What Does David Letterman's Retirement Mean for the Future of Late Night TV?