Grammys 2013: Janelle Monae Would 'Absolutely' Work With Fun. Again
The singer collaborated with the Best New Artist winners on the breakout hit "We Are Young."
Before "We Are Young" earned the Grammy Award for Song of the Year and before Fun. took home the trophy for Best New Artist, collaborator Janelle Monae was singing the group's praises on the red carpet.
"I love Fun.," she said, noting that she would "absolutely" work with them again in the future. "They're great guys. They're incredible artists and musicians."
Monae, who is featured on the infectious track, reveled in the Grammy environment, confessing that walking the same red carpet as Michael Jackson, Prince and Stevie Wonder -- all cited as "musical heroes" of hers -- once walked still seems surreal.
"It still does mean a lot to me," she said of being invited to the festivities.
"We Are Young," which hit the summit of Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart in March, has "cross generational" appeal, Monae says.
"I think people want to decompress. Everything is about balance," she said. "You can't work, work, work, work without any play. And I think 'We Are Young' taps into the side of you that wants to have a good time, that wants to be festive and be with your friends and your loved ones."
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
What's Hot In Music
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign