Grammys 2013: Janelle Monae Would 'Absolutely' Work With Fun. Again
The singer collaborated with the Best New Artist winners on the breakout hit "We Are Young."
Before "We Are Young" earned the Grammy Award for Song of the Year and before Fun. took home the trophy for Best New Artist, collaborator Janelle Monae was singing the group's praises on the red carpet.
"I love Fun.," she said, noting that she would "absolutely" work with them again in the future. "They're great guys. They're incredible artists and musicians."
Monae, who is featured on the infectious track, reveled in the Grammy environment, confessing that walking the same red carpet as Michael Jackson, Prince and Stevie Wonder -- all cited as "musical heroes" of hers -- once walked still seems surreal.
"It still does mean a lot to me," she said of being invited to the festivities.
"We Are Young," which hit the summit of Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart in March, has "cross generational" appeal, Monae says.
"I think people want to decompress. Everything is about balance," she said. "You can't work, work, work, work without any play. And I think 'We Are Young' taps into the side of you that wants to have a good time, that wants to be festive and be with your friends and your loved ones."
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Rumor Roundup: Searching for Luke Skywalker
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Stalker' Premiere, 'The Bridge' Season Finale, and More Picks
- Watch Matthew McConaughey Explore the Galaxy in This New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- These Four Exclusive 'Mortdecai' Posters Feature Must-See Mustaches
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Caughts in an Extraterrestrial Tsunami in 'Interstellar' Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Main Title Sequence is Here & It's As Scary As You'd Think - Watch Now!
- Brad Pitt on Being a Father: 'It's the Most Beautiful Thing'
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Mariah Carey Comparisons