Green Day Premieres 'Oh Love,' First Song Off '¡Uno!' (Audio)
The Grammy-winning rockers have released the first of what will be a long line of singles from their upcoming trilogy of albums.
If you grew up in the 1990s, there's a good chance that Green Day's albums Dookie and Insomniac were early favorites, seminal building blocks in your music taste and perhaps even a gateway drug into punk rock. If that's the case, their Grammy-winning political rock opera phase might have seemed like a strange (even if welcome) sojourn, and you'll be glad to know that the Green Day of old is back.
With the first single from the first of their upcoming albums ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tré!, the band has returned to its power pop roots. "Oh Love" is all power-chord strumming, simple drum beats and sing-chanting, with an underlying rhythm has served them so well.
"The first one is power pop," he said. "The second is more garage-y, Nuggets-type rock. And the third is supposed to be epic. With the first album, you're getting in the mood to party. On the second one, you're at the party. And the third album, you're cleaning up the mess."
Uno! hits shelves on Sept. 25, followed by ¡Dos¡ on Nov. 13 and ¡Tré! on Jan 15.
Check out the lyric video for "Oh Love" below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10
- Weekend Box Office: '300: Rise of An Empire' Marches to Number One
- 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' Cast: Where Are They Now? (PHOTOS)
- Watching This Four-Minute 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Clip Is a Very Good Idea (VIDEO)
- Renee Zellweger's Next Movie, 'The Whole Truth,' Is Her First in Four Years