Guitarist Adrian Belew Leaves Nine Inch Nails: 'It Didn't Work'
The King Crimson member cites a desire to focus on his solo project.
Adrian Belew has announced that his collaboration with industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails "didn't work" and that he is leaving the band before they take off on their worldwide summer tour.
The announcement comes as a surprise following statements Trent Reznor made in February, citing the King Crimson guitarist as a huge component of why NIN re-formed earlier this year.
"I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas... which led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be," Reznor said.
Before his simple Facebook status update -- which reads "concerning me being part of the 2013 Nine Inch Nails band: it didn't work" -- Belew did write a more elaborate explanation for his departure, citing respect for Reznor and a desire to focus on his solo project, FLUX.
Belew is featured on the band's upcoming full-length, Hesitation Marks, due Sept. 3 on Columbia Records.
In May, bassist Eric Avery announced he was also leaving Nine Inch Nails, saying he felt "overwhelmed" by the band's forthcoming tour schedule.
Nine Inch Nails will be touring with Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky, kicking off with dates in July.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet