GWAR as Halftime Act for 2015 Super Bowl? Fans of the Metal Band Petition NFL
"GWAR is more American than apple pie," reads a petition which swiftly gathered more than 22,000 signatures on change.org.
It's a long shot -- and a ways away -- but fans of the costume-clad heavy metal band GWAR are making a push for the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show with an online petition to get the supernatural performers to star in the country's most watched yearly music production.
So far, more than 22,000 people have signed the Change.org petition to "Allow GWAR to perform the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show." It's addressed to Greg Aiello, senior vp communications for the National Football League, and reads:
The time for GWAR to address the nation is NOW.
Every year people complain about who the halftime show is going to feature, now we are telling you who we want: WE WANT GWAR in 2015!
Why should articles like "Bruno Mars Announced For Super Bowl Halftime Show, Gwar Waits Until Next Year (Again)" (from Screen Junkies) be a joke?
We don't want another year of sitting around talking through a muted, boring NFL Super Bowl halftime show. We want something different. We want a real spectacle that only GWAR can provide. Doesn't the NFL want more viewers? Don't advertisers want more people paying attention? This way everyone wins.
Plus, GWAR's relationship with American football is one of the strongest in music. Front man Dave Brockie writes a football column for MetalSucks.com called "Necessary Roughness" even the "The Dan Patrick Show" has an Oderous mask on display. It's been suggested by Sports Illustrated that GWAR should become mascots!
NFL must listen to the people. GWAR is more American than apple pie.
Please sign, share, and show your support.
As the heavy metal outfit in monster outfits is about to celebrate its 30th anniversary, what a better way than this to crown its achievement as the world's greatest horror band and its conquest of the human race? Plus, they're already wearing football pads so that's an added bonus.
No response yet from the NFL.
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Says The U.S. Is 'Like The Oprah Of Middle East Weapons Systems!'
- Teen Cosplayer Sexually Assaulted And Beaten Near Comic-Con, Police Say
- Nathan Fielder's 'Dumb Starbucks' Episode Finally Airs, And It's Genius
- Justin Bieber And Orlando Bloom Maybe, Possibly Just Had The Lamest Fight Ever
- Best of Late Night TV: Daniel Radcliffe Cuts a Stranger's Hair, Vin Diesel Gives Language Lessons (VIDEO)
- New DVD Blu-ray: 'Noah,' 'The Other Woman,' 'Twin Peaks'
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants To Guest Star on 'Big Bang Theory' and 'Game of Thrones' and We Hope His Dreams Come True
- Rian Johnson Is Already Revealing Details About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'