Gwen Stefani's 'Glycerine' Duet with Husband Gavin Rossdale Released on iTunes
The "Cool" singer joined the band Bush at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas concert.
Gavin Rossdale gave fans a surprise on Dec. 8 at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Concert in Los Angeles: he stunned the audience by culminating a performance of the classic Bush song, “Glycerine,” with a duet with wife Gwen Stefani.
For those fans that didn’t catch the show live, Rossdale is now making the song available for purchase on iTunes.
The KROQ performance began with Rossdale singing the song’s first verse. Stefani later surprised fans by walking onstage to join in the second verse, much to the excitement of the crowd. Rossdale told Rolling Stone that “Glycerine” sounded “so much better” with the help of Stefani. He said to the magazine, “it would be so powerful, the two of us on stage, that’s what we went for.”
The moment commemorated the 17-year anniversary of when Rossdale and Stefani first met.
Rossdale’s latest album, The Sea of Memories, released Sep. 2011, is being promoted as part of the band’s tour.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Toronto Film Festival 2014: Big Movies, Lineup Announced
- How Will 'Sons of Anarchy' End? Even Showrunner Kurt Sutter Isn't Sure
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)