Hall and Oates Super PAC Shut Down by Namesake Group
The independent political organization came to an end after some unexpected publicity and negotiations with the band itself.
Turns out, once they heard about their unexpected place in politics, Hall and Oates just couldn't go for that.
Unbeknownst to them, the hitmaking '80s duo were "honored" by a couple of fans in Atlanta who made them the namesake of a newly formed super PAC. Once the news got out -- and created quite a stir -- the group put the kabosh on the organization.
"Daryl Hall and John Oates recognize that the personal view points of their fans cross all political spectrums and are honored to be supported by their fans everywhere regardless of political affiliation,” the group's manager, Jonathan Wolfson, told the NY Observer. “The PAC’s founders recognize that the use of the ‘Hall’ and ‘Oates’ names for the purpose of raising funds is not an appropriate fan activity no matter what the goal of the fund-raising activities might be.”
A point of clarity: PAC co-founder William Hansmann told Rolling Stone last week that that the group hadn't started to take donations -- and didn't even have a website. In fact, the whole thing was a bit of a lark.
"I honestly don't even remember the whole thing," Hansmann said. "We were intoxicated in the early stage of this whole process."
In fact, that the group even recognized the PAC was probably a thrill -- "I assume they've caught wind of it. It would very, very cool if we [heard from them]," Hansmann said -- and really, there was no harm done.
The singers, Wolfson said, were pleased by the communications between the two sides, which, led to "a result both sides are pleased with."
Whether any dreams came true, however, was not disclosed.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!