Despite Hints, Rolling Stones Won't Play Coachella (Reports)
The band won't headline or perform at the festival, according to multiple reports.
Despite plenty of speculation, it appears that the Rolling Stones won't be playing at Coachella 2013 after all.
A source told Rolling Stone that the band will not be headlining or performing at the popular Southern California music festival this year.
Another report, by LA Weekly, cited sources saying that the band wouldn't play the festival.
In the past month, there were multiple hints that pointed to an appearance by the band.
In December, a photo posted on the official Coachella Facebook page appeared to show a polo ball (or, possibly, a round rock) sitting in an empty field where the Indio, California festival will be held on the weekends of April 12-14 and 19-21 this year.
That image was interpreted as a sign that that the festival could've been teasing a Rolling Stones appearance. A rep for Goldenvoice, the festival's promoter, later noted that the image was in fact of a polo ball, Billboard noted.
That same month there was also a screen-grabbed image that was circulated showing that the Rolling Stones official mobile app had listed an update stating the band would be playing on April 12 in Indio, CA at Coachella 2013. As THR previously noted, the tour date on the app was removed shortly after it was posted.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Auntie Anne's Pretzels
- ReThink Review: Dear White People - Lessons for Republicans and the "Post-Racial" Generation
- Chats with Earth, Wind & Fire's Philip Bailey, Dave Koz, Eric Johnson and Kiki Ebsen, Plus a Katherine Jenkins' Exclusive
- Donald Trump Rips 'Reckless' NYC Ebola Doctor, Demands Obama Resign
- Best of Late Night TV: Taylor Swift's New Album and Neil Patrick Harris' Nude Scene (VIDEO)
- Hear Meryl Streep & Anna Kendrick Sing in New 'Into the Woods' Featurette (VIDEO)
- Courtney Love Books Another TV Gig, Will Recur on 'Empire'
- Sorry, 'Twilight' Fans: Kristen Stewart Is Taking a Break From Acting