Despite Hints, Rolling Stones Won't Play Coachella (Reports)
The band won't headline or perform at the festival, according to multiple reports.
Despite plenty of speculation, it appears that the Rolling Stones won't be playing at Coachella 2013 after all.
A source told Rolling Stone that the band will not be headlining or performing at the popular Southern California music festival this year.
Another report, by LA Weekly, cited sources saying that the band wouldn't play the festival.
In the past month, there were multiple hints that pointed to an appearance by the band.
In December, a photo posted on the official Coachella Facebook page appeared to show a polo ball (or, possibly, a round rock) sitting in an empty field where the Indio, California festival will be held on the weekends of April 12-14 and 19-21 this year.
That image was interpreted as a sign that that the festival could've been teasing a Rolling Stones appearance. A rep for Goldenvoice, the festival's promoter, later noted that the image was in fact of a polo ball, Billboard noted.
That same month there was also a screen-grabbed image that was circulated showing that the Rolling Stones official mobile app had listed an update stating the band would be playing on April 12 in Indio, CA at Coachella 2013. As THR previously noted, the tour date on the app was removed shortly after it was posted.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot In Music
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014