Hitmaker Claude Kelly, Jenna Hally Rubenstein Developing Reality Show to Find Undiscovered Music Mogul (Exclusive)
The project would focus less on unsigned artists and more on the as-of-yet-recognized industry talent who discover and develop these unsigned acts.
Singer-songwriter Claude Kelly is looking for the next music industry tastemaker.
The hitmaker behind such songs as Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA," Bruno Mars' "Grenade" and Jessie J's "Price Tag" has partnered with Jenna Hally Rubenstein, a contributor to MTV's Buzzworthy blog and a creative in music publishing, to executive produce and develop a reality-based TV show that aims to find undiscovered music moguls.
Unlike other music competition shows, this project would focus significantly less on unsigned artists (although the plan is to feature some along the way) and primarily on the as-of-yet-recognized industry talent who discover and develop these unsigned acts.
"Our show is about hustle, building careers, and entrepreneurship, not about who has a good singing voice," Rubenstein tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The duo plan to take the project out to broadcast and cable networks.
Earlier this year, Kelly was featured on THR's list of pop's top 35 hitmakers.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!