Hitmaker Claude Kelly, Jenna Hally Rubenstein Developing Reality Show to Find Undiscovered Music Mogul (Exclusive)
The project would focus less on unsigned artists and more on the as-of-yet-recognized industry talent who discover and develop these unsigned acts.
Singer-songwriter Claude Kelly is looking for the next music industry tastemaker.
The hitmaker behind such songs as Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA," Bruno Mars' "Grenade" and Jessie J's "Price Tag" has partnered with Jenna Hally Rubenstein, a contributor to MTV's Buzzworthy blog and a creative in music publishing, to executive produce and develop a reality-based TV show that aims to find undiscovered music moguls.
Unlike other music competition shows, this project would focus significantly less on unsigned artists (although the plan is to feature some along the way) and primarily on the as-of-yet-recognized industry talent who discover and develop these unsigned acts.
"Our show is about hustle, building careers, and entrepreneurship, not about who has a good singing voice," Rubenstein tells The Hollywood Reporter.
The duo plan to take the project out to broadcast and cable networks.
Earlier this year, Kelly was featured on THR's list of pop's top 35 hitmakers.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts