Indie Rocker Father John Misty to Release Custom Fragrance
The $220 "Innocence By Misty" scent is a collaboration with SANAE Intoxicants, a fragrance company recently launched by singer-songwriter Will Oldham and Sanae Barber.
Los Angeles indie musician Josh Tillman, who performs under the name Father John Misty, will debut his own custom fragrance line, Innocence by Misty, in August. Tillman collaborated on the women’s fragrance with SANAE Intoxicants, a fragrance company recently launched by singer-songwriter Will Oldham and Sanae Barber.
Innocence by Misty, which is currently available for pre-order on SANAE’s website, will initially be unveiled as a limited edition run of 300 bottles of Eau de Parfum in August. Each 15 ml. atomizer style perfume bottle costs $75. The site notes that the perfume “has pure botanical fragrances of Sweet Orange Oil, Tunisian Neroli, Mimosa Absolute, Violet Absolute, Jasmine Grand, Bourbon Vanilla, and Linden Blossom.”
SANAE has previously released four scents, one inspired by Oldham’s work under stage name Bonnie Prince Billy called Bonnie Billy (Oldham has also performed under variations of the name Palace). A 5 ml. bottle of that fragrance, described on the website as a “mystical, swirling dance” that “will light up all who surround you,” runs for $220.
Innocence by Misty has an accompanying teaser video that features Tillman rubbing the scent on his wrists and proclaiming, “Wow!” The musician promoted the fragrance on Twitter, noting its potential demographic by writing, “INNOCENCE BY MISTY FOR YOUNG GIRLS.”
Father John Misty also recently released a new tour video for the track “Funtimes in Babylon” and will be on the road in the U.S. through August.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move