Iron & Wine Announces New Album, 'Ghost on Ghost'
The folk-rock release will debut on April 16.
Veteran folk-rock act Iron and Wine will release Ghost on Ghost, the follow-up to 2011's Kiss Each Other Clean, on April 16 through Nonesuch Records. The album will be Iron and Wine's first on Nonesuch, following releases on Sub Pop and 4AD.
In anticipation of the release, the group shared a new track, "Lovers' Revolution," online on Thursday (Jan. 31). The track features the expansive instrumentation that was showcased on Iron and Wine's last two albums, this time relying on brass to support band leader Sam Beam's commanding vocals.
Beam worked with producer Brian Deck on the album, along with musicians like Rob Burger, Steve Bernstein, Brian Blade and Anja Wood. "This record felt like a reward to myself after the way I went about making the last few," says Beam in a press statement.
Kiss Each Other Clean has sold 125,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan, and was supported by a lengthy tour. Although no new dates have been announced, a full 2013 tour will be announced soon.
Here is the track list to Ghost on Ghost:
1. Caught in the Briars
2. The Desert Babbler
4. Low Light Buddy of Mine
5. Graces for Saints and Ramblers
6. Grass Windows
7. Singers and the Endless Song
8. Sundown (Back in the Briars)
9. Winter Prayers
10. New Mexico’s No Breeze
11. Lovers’ Revolution
12. Baby Center Stage
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Theater: Fiona Shaw Rocks In One Of The Last Shows Of The Year
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- A Christmas Gift For You: A Conversation with Phil Spector & The Crystals' La La Brooks, Chatting with The Piano Guys, Plus Pink Martini and Sydney York Exclusives
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12