Jack White Aims for No. 1 Album Debut on Billboard 200 Chart
Industry forecasters suggest "Lazaretto" could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday.
Rocker Jack White is heading for his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.
Industry forecasters suggest his new release, Lazaretto, could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday, June 15. That should easily be enough to top the new Billboard 200 chart, which will see its top 10 revealed on Wednesday, June 18.
Lazaretto follows White's solo debut, Blunderbuss, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in 2012, selling 138,000 copies in its first week (according to Nielsen SoundScan). The album went on to garner Grammy Award nominations for album of the year and best rock album.
Other albums aiming for notable debuts on the Billboard 200 next week include Passenger's Whispers, with maybe 20,000, and O.A.R.'s The Rockville LP, with about 18,000.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Jennifer Lopez & Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' Video Is Definitely About Butts, In Case You Were Confused
- Here's David Lynch Gazing Upon David Lynch, Set To The Music Of David Lynch
- Why One Woman Wants A Relationship With A Father Of 34 Children (VIDEO)
- It's all the little details that help Universal Orlando deliver the really big scares at Halloween Horror Nights 24
- Best of Late Night TV: Kaley Cuoco's Leaked Nudes and Billy Crystal's Lip Flip (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Married' Finale, 'Breaking Amish' Premiere, and More Picks
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Is the Best Season Yet, Says Jessica Lange
- Lifetime's Aaliyah Biopic Has a Premiere Date (PHOTO)