Jack White Aims for No. 1 Album Debut on Billboard 200 Chart
Industry forecasters suggest "Lazaretto" could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday.
Rocker Jack White is heading for his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.
Industry forecasters suggest his new release, Lazaretto, could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday, June 15. That should easily be enough to top the new Billboard 200 chart, which will see its top 10 revealed on Wednesday, June 18.
Lazaretto follows White's solo debut, Blunderbuss, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in 2012, selling 138,000 copies in its first week (according to Nielsen SoundScan). The album went on to garner Grammy Award nominations for album of the year and best rock album.
Other albums aiming for notable debuts on the Billboard 200 next week include Passenger's Whispers, with maybe 20,000, and O.A.R.'s The Rockville LP, with about 18,000.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum