Jack White Aims for No. 1 Album Debut on Billboard 200 Chart
Industry forecasters suggest "Lazaretto" could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday.
Rocker Jack White is heading for his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.
Industry forecasters suggest his new release, Lazaretto, could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday, June 15. That should easily be enough to top the new Billboard 200 chart, which will see its top 10 revealed on Wednesday, June 18.
Lazaretto follows White's solo debut, Blunderbuss, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in 2012, selling 138,000 copies in its first week (according to Nielsen SoundScan). The album went on to garner Grammy Award nominations for album of the year and best rock album.
Other albums aiming for notable debuts on the Billboard 200 next week include Passenger's Whispers, with maybe 20,000, and O.A.R.'s The Rockville LP, with about 18,000.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Wish I Was Here' Star Ashley Greene Wants You to Check Out These 5 TV Shows & Movies
- Best of Late Night TV: "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast Takes Over Kimmel, Kate Hudson Plays Box of Lies (VIDEO)
- This 'You've Got To Be Kidding Me' Supercut Is One For The Ages
- Katie Holmes Behind the Camera in 'In Short'
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip