Jack White Aims for No. 1 Album Debut on Billboard 200 Chart
Industry forecasters suggest "Lazaretto" could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday.
Rocker Jack White is heading for his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart.
Industry forecasters suggest his new release, Lazaretto, could sell between 110,000 and 120,000 copies in the week ending Sunday, June 15. That should easily be enough to top the new Billboard 200 chart, which will see its top 10 revealed on Wednesday, June 18.
Lazaretto follows White's solo debut, Blunderbuss, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in 2012, selling 138,000 copies in its first week (according to Nielsen SoundScan). The album went on to garner Grammy Award nominations for album of the year and best rock album.
Other albums aiming for notable debuts on the Billboard 200 next week include Passenger's Whispers, with maybe 20,000, and O.A.R.'s The Rockville LP, with about 18,000.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Here's the Full Tracklist for Lorde's 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack (PHOTO & AUDIO)
- Keanu Reeves on 'John Wick,' 'Bill & Ted 3,' and That 'Point Break' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Nate Parker Share a Moment in This Exclusive 'Beyond the Lights' Preview
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion'
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!