Jack White Close to Finishing Next Album
The rocker's " Blunderbuss" follow-up could be out this year.
This story first appeared at Billboard.com.
Jack White's critically-acclaimed Blunderbuss may be receiving a follow-up in 2014.
According to a chat with fans, White is currently working on two albums, one of which is his own.
"I'm producing two albums this month, and finishing them," he wrote in the chat with fans. "One of them is mine."
That's just one of multiple projects White has on tap. Along with a new album on his end, White also is currently convening with The Dead Weather, releasing a series of singles leading up to a new album -- the band's third -- in 2015.
He's also been back in the studio with the Raconteurs since February of last year, though no official releases have been confirmed.
White's Third Man Records also announced Saturday the release of four White Stripes singles -- "Seven Nation Army," "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself," "The Hardest Button to Button" and "There's No Home for You Here" -- from the group's 2003 album Elephant.
Blunderbuss, White's last solo release, hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 138,000 copies sold in its first week in April 2012. It also received a nomination for album of the year at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Lip Sync, Len Goodman Spills 'DWTS' Secrets (VIDEO)
- Michael Kors's Best 'Project Runway' Critiques (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Red Band Society' and 'The Mysteries of Laura' Series Premieres, 'Franklin & Bash,' and More Picks
- 7 Sitcom Guys That Are Our Boyfriends In Our Heads (GIFs)
- Darrell Hammond Replacing the Late Don Pardo as 'Saturday Night Live' Announcer
- Zac Efron Given Funny Nicknames by 'We Are Your Friends' Director Max Joseph
- Jennifer Lawrence Attended Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert & 'Couldn't Take Her Eyes Off Him'
- Pregnant Kate Middleton is Still Ill with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Cancels Solo Malta Trip