Jack White Close to Finishing Next Album
The rocker's " Blunderbuss" follow-up could be out this year.
This story first appeared at Billboard.com.
Jack White's critically-acclaimed Blunderbuss may be receiving a follow-up in 2014.
According to a chat with fans, White is currently working on two albums, one of which is his own.
"I'm producing two albums this month, and finishing them," he wrote in the chat with fans. "One of them is mine."
That's just one of multiple projects White has on tap. Along with a new album on his end, White also is currently convening with The Dead Weather, releasing a series of singles leading up to a new album -- the band's third -- in 2015.
He's also been back in the studio with the Raconteurs since February of last year, though no official releases have been confirmed.
White's Third Man Records also announced Saturday the release of four White Stripes singles -- "Seven Nation Army," "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself," "The Hardest Button to Button" and "There's No Home for You Here" -- from the group's 2003 album Elephant.
Blunderbuss, White's last solo release, hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 138,000 copies sold in its first week in April 2012. It also received a nomination for album of the year at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend