Jack White's Third Man Label to Release 'Gatsby' Soundtrack on Vinyl
The 17-track accompaniment to the Baz Luhrmann film was executive produced by Jay-Z and features contributions by Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, The xx and more.
With the recent success of Record Store Day, which saw sales of vinyl albums spike 59 percent, comes word of another high-profile release on wax: the soundtrack to The Great Gatsby, which will be released by Jack White’s Third Man Records label.
The 17-track collection that accompanies the Baz Luhrmann film, which opens May 10, was executive produced by Jay-Z and features contributions by Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, The xx, The Bryan Ferry Orchestra, will.i.am and Lana Del Rey, among others, including White and Jay-Z.
Music consultant Jeymes Samuel and music supervisor Anton Monsted also worked on the project for the past two years, said a statement announcing the special edition. Their aim: to “translate the Jazz Age sensibility of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel into the musical equivalents of our own times.”
The deluxe vinyl version of the Gatsby soundtrack will come “housed in glorious gatefold artwork,” adds Third Man. The label will also be releasing a series of 7" singles that are components to the collection, including Jack White's "Love is Blindness."
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)