Jack White's Third Man Label to Release 'Gatsby' Soundtrack on Vinyl
The 17-track accompaniment to the Baz Luhrmann film was executive produced by Jay-Z and features contributions by Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, The xx and more.
With the recent success of Record Store Day, which saw sales of vinyl albums spike 59 percent, comes word of another high-profile release on wax: the soundtrack to The Great Gatsby, which will be released by Jack White’s Third Man Records label.
The 17-track collection that accompanies the Baz Luhrmann film, which opens May 10, was executive produced by Jay-Z and features contributions by Beyonce, Florence + The Machine, The xx, The Bryan Ferry Orchestra, will.i.am and Lana Del Rey, among others, including White and Jay-Z.
Music consultant Jeymes Samuel and music supervisor Anton Monsted also worked on the project for the past two years, said a statement announcing the special edition. Their aim: to “translate the Jazz Age sensibility of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel into the musical equivalents of our own times.”
The deluxe vinyl version of the Gatsby soundtrack will come “housed in glorious gatefold artwork,” adds Third Man. The label will also be releasing a series of 7" singles that are components to the collection, including Jack White's "Love is Blindness."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Best of Late Night TV: Bachelorette Andi Plays the No-ly Wed Game, James Franco's Selfie Tutorial (VIDEO)
- The 'Batkid Begins' Trailer Will Make You Shed a Tear or Two (VIDEO)
- Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista Get Weird in Our 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Unscripted (VIDEO)
- Norman Reedus Breaks Down Daryl and Beth's Relationship on 'The Walking Dead'