Jake Gyllenhaal Stars in The Shoes' 'Time To Dance' Music Video as a Serial Killer (Video)
The "Source Code" star takes a psycho turn for the French synthpop band.
Jake Gyllenhaal first made his name as the isolated and paranoid titular teen in Donnie Darko, and later featured for David Fincher as the infamous Zodiac Killer. For his latest gig, he has taken elements of both roles, mixed it with some club music and scared the entire internet.
The Oscar-nominee takes a leading turn in the bleak and bloody video for French group The Shoes' new video for their song "Time To Dance." And while there is some move-busting in the clip, Gyllenhaal's role is less celebratory.
Starting out unshaven and dragging on a hanging cigarette, Gyllenhaal quickly cleans himself up (facial hair wise) and then gets his hands dirty with blood, hacking away at various victims in cold alleys in the night. Dark-eyed and alienated, he powers through his gym routine and resumes his quest, putting together an altogether chilling seven minutes on screen.
Gyllenhaal, who hasn't featured in a film since last April's Source Code, will return to the big screen in late September's End of Watch, playing a Los Angeles Police officer alongside Michael Pena, Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Music
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Best of Late Night TV: Kaley Cuoco's Leaked Nudes and Billy Crystal's Lip Flip (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Married' Finale, 'Breaking Amish' Premiere, and More Picks
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Is the Best Season Yet, Says Jessica Lange
- Lifetime's Aaliyah Biopic Has a Premiere Date (PHOTO)
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!