Jake Gyllenhaal Stars in The Shoes' 'Time To Dance' Music Video as a Serial Killer (Video)
The "Source Code" star takes a psycho turn for the French synthpop band.
Jake Gyllenhaal first made his name as the isolated and paranoid titular teen in Donnie Darko, and later featured for David Fincher as the infamous Zodiac Killer. For his latest gig, he has taken elements of both roles, mixed it with some club music and scared the entire internet.
The Oscar-nominee takes a leading turn in the bleak and bloody video for French group The Shoes' new video for their song "Time To Dance." And while there is some move-busting in the clip, Gyllenhaal's role is less celebratory.
Starting out unshaven and dragging on a hanging cigarette, Gyllenhaal quickly cleans himself up (facial hair wise) and then gets his hands dirty with blood, hacking away at various victims in cold alleys in the night. Dark-eyed and alienated, he powers through his gym routine and resumes his quest, putting together an altogether chilling seven minutes on screen.
Gyllenhaal, who hasn't featured in a film since last April's Source Code, will return to the big screen in late September's End of Watch, playing a Los Angeles Police officer alongside Michael Pena, Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera
What's Hot In Music
- 'Every Single Thing' In the 'The Walking Dead' Season Five Premiere Is a Spoiler
- Quentin Tarantino May Finally Release 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair'
- Chris Pratt Surprises Kids at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening, Steals Our Hearts (VIDEO)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Is So Over 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Lindsay Lohan Poses for a Mini Bikini Photo Shoot in Ibiza!
- Diane Kruger Wears a Crop Top & Displays Her Unreal Figure!
- Olivia Munn & Boyfriend Aaron Rodgers Sent Superfan a Green Bay Signed Jersey & His Reaction Is Amazing!
- Mark Wahlberg & Amanda Seyfriend Arrive on Set for First Day of 'Ted 2' Filming!