Jake Gyllenhaal Stars in The Shoes' 'Time To Dance' Music Video as a Serial Killer (Video)
The "Source Code" star takes a psycho turn for the French synthpop band.
Jake Gyllenhaal first made his name as the isolated and paranoid titular teen in Donnie Darko, and later featured for David Fincher as the infamous Zodiac Killer. For his latest gig, he has taken elements of both roles, mixed it with some club music and scared the entire internet.
The Oscar-nominee takes a leading turn in the bleak and bloody video for French group The Shoes' new video for their song "Time To Dance." And while there is some move-busting in the clip, Gyllenhaal's role is less celebratory.
Starting out unshaven and dragging on a hanging cigarette, Gyllenhaal quickly cleans himself up (facial hair wise) and then gets his hands dirty with blood, hacking away at various victims in cold alleys in the night. Dark-eyed and alienated, he powers through his gym routine and resumes his quest, putting together an altogether chilling seven minutes on screen.
Gyllenhaal, who hasn't featured in a film since last April's Source Code, will return to the big screen in late September's End of Watch, playing a Los Angeles Police officer alongside Michael Pena, Anna Kendrick and America Ferrera
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences