James Murphy: From LCD Soundsystem to Coffee Roaster
In a recent interview, the influential frontman revealed his plans to create a boutique espresso line.
Since throwing in the towel on LCD Soundsystem, singer James Murphy has been busy with DJ gigs, like his recent booking at Sundance, all the while promoting the LCD documentary Shut Up and Play the Hits, chronicling their last show at Madison Square Garden.
As for what comes next? According to an interview with New York Mag’s Grub Street blog, the influential frontman has his sights set on starting his own blend of coffee – espresso, to be exact -- an idea that's been percolating for some time. Murphy’s plans, he tells New York, are to “go to a roaster who lives near me and start tweaking beans and temperatures” and create a coffee line.
He won’t be the first artist of note to try his hand at specialty java. Back in May, director David Lynch debuted an ad for his signature organic coffee line.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- David Foster Wallace's Family Doesn't Support the Jason Segel-Starring Biopic 'End of the Tour'
- George Lucas 'Is a Consultant' on 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' Says Disney Chief
- Actor Daniel Franzese Writes Amazing, 'Mean Girls'-Themed Coming Out Letter
- Tina Fey & Amy Poehler's 'The Nest' Has Some Stiff Competition