Janelle Monae Reveals 'The Electric Lady' Album Release Date, New Song
The singer is confirmed to perform live on the BET Awards on Sunday, June 30.
Janelle Monae and Atlantic Records have set a date for the singer’s highly anticipated sophomore studio set.
The Electric Lady will be released Sept. 10, led by the smooth single “Q.U.E.E.N." featuring Erykah Badu and the up-tempo “Dance Apocalyptic,” which was revealed Friday. Listen to the new track here.
In the meantime, Monae will hit the stage Sunday, June 30, to perform at the BET Awards.
The new album follows Monae’s critically acclaimed debut, The ArchAndroid, released on May 18, 2010. Though it peaked at No. 17 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, The ArchAndroid earned Monae a Grammy nomination for best contemporary R&B album.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits
- Matt Lauer Made Rachel McAdams Watch Her 'The Notebook' Audition Tape and It Was Kinda Awkward (VIDEO)
- This 'Insidious: Chapter 3' First Look Takes Us Back In (Terrifying) Time (PHOTO)
- Reese Witherspoon in Two French-Canadian Toronto Film Festival Movies
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wants Autographed Pic Of Himself & Nelson Mandela
- Adrian Grenier Wants Everyone to Recycle & Take Care Of the Ocean!
- Rosario Dawson & Chrissy Teigen Stun at Belgian National Day Celebration
- Azealia Banks Teases New Single 'Heavy Metal & Reflective' After Partying with Tinie Tempah!