Jay Z, Beyonce Go Vegan for 22 Days
The rapper is celebrating his 44th birthday by going on a "plant-based" diet, he wrote on his blog Tuesday.
Jay Z and Beyonce are getting healthy for the holidays. To celebrate his 44th birthday, the rapper, along with his superstar wife, has decided to go vegan for 22 days.
On Tuesday, the hip-hop star wrote on his blog, Life+Times, that he's kicking off his birthday by going completely vegan, or as he said, "I prefer to call it plant-based!!"
Not only has the hip-hop star been on a "plant-based breakfast" for a few months -- which he found "surprisingly easier" than he thought -- he finds now to be the perfect time, writing: "There’s something spiritual to me about it being my 44th birthday and the serendipity behind the number of days in this challenge; 22 (2+2=4), coupled with the fact that the challenge ends on Christmas day…It just feels right!"
While he isn't sure what will happen after Christmas when the challenge ends, he currently is seeking advice from any professional vegans to recommend some noteworthy dining spots.
It looks like Beyonce is enjoying the challenge so far, as she shares what they've been eating on her Instagram.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Sam Rockwell on 'Laggies,' Dancing in Movies, and Playing More Subdued Roles
- Zelda Williams Honors Late Father Robin Williams With New Tattoo
- Weekend Movies & TV: 'John Wick,' 'The Hunger Games,' 'Jane the Virgin,' & More (VIDEO)
- James Spader Says His 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Villain Is 'Bats--t Crazy'
- Colin Farrell Gets Thrown Into the Mix For 'Doctor Strange' Role
- Lupita Nyong’o & Benedict Cumberbatch Get Together to Host Bally's Flagship Store Opening Party!
- Sarah Paulson Explains Why It's Difficult & Exhausting to Play Conjoined Twins on 'AHS'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Shares One of the Most Important Makeup Skills She's Learned