Jay Z, Beyonce Go Vegan for 22 Days
The rapper is celebrating his 44th birthday by going on a "plant-based" diet, he wrote on his blog Tuesday.
Jay Z and Beyonce are getting healthy for the holidays. To celebrate his 44th birthday, the rapper, along with his superstar wife, has decided to go vegan for 22 days.
On Tuesday, the hip-hop star wrote on his blog, Life+Times, that he's kicking off his birthday by going completely vegan, or as he said, "I prefer to call it plant-based!!"
Not only has the hip-hop star been on a "plant-based breakfast" for a few months -- which he found "surprisingly easier" than he thought -- he finds now to be the perfect time, writing: "There’s something spiritual to me about it being my 44th birthday and the serendipity behind the number of days in this challenge; 22 (2+2=4), coupled with the fact that the challenge ends on Christmas day…It just feels right!"
While he isn't sure what will happen after Christmas when the challenge ends, he currently is seeking advice from any professional vegans to recommend some noteworthy dining spots.
It looks like Beyonce is enjoying the challenge so far, as she shares what they've been eating on her Instagram.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life