Jay-Z Riffs on Coldplay's 'Paradise' at Paralympics Closing Ceremony (Video)
The rap powerhouse also performed "Run This Town" with Rihanna during Sunday's show.
Jay-Z performed alongside his friend, Coldplay's Chris Martin, at Sunday night's Paralympics closing ceremony in London, contributing new rhymes to the band's hit song "Paradise."
"Gold medals around my throat/you can take everything except my hope," he rapped during a well reviewed finale to the 2012 games.
The three-hour event also included Coldplay's performances of "Yellow" and "Us Against the World" as well as Rihanna taking the stage with Jay-Z to perform their "Run This Town" collaboration.
Last week in Philadelphia, Jay-Z launched the Budweiser Made in America Festival, which he curated, lining up such acts as Kanye West, Skrillex, Passion Pit and Janelle Monae. Meanwhile, Ron Howard captured footage for a documentary he's making on the event.
Watch Jay-Z's "Paradise" rap, and his duet with "Rihanna" below":
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot In Music
- 'True Detective' Auditioning Pretty Much Every Actress in Hollywood
- Matt Damon Is Coming Back as Jason Bourne
- Best of Late Night TV: Barbra Streisand Duets, Ike Barinholtz's Obama Impression, Jane Fonda's Breasts (VIDEO)
- What's On TV Tonight: 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 19 Premiere, 'American Ninja Warrior,' and More Picks
- Rosie O'Donnell Says Her 50-Pound Weight Loss Has Been Filled With 'Emotional Turbulence'
- Lana Del Rey Cancels All European Appearances Due to Illness
- Tina Fey & Jason Bateman Make Us Laugh By Playing 'Would You Rather' - Watch Now!
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!